The physicians and staff of Novant Health Providence Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN) provide comprehensive healthcare for women of all ages. We offer routine annual health examinations, including Pap tests, breast exams, contraceptive counseling and general women's health advice.
In addition to routine health maintenance, our physicians specialize in a variety of medical problems, including endometriosis, infertility, abnormal periods, peri-menopause and menopausal symptoms, pelvic pain, pelvic relaxation and abnormal Pap tests.
All of our physicians are certified to perform all gynecologic procedures with several physicians specializing in leading-edge laparoscopic procedures.
General gynecologic care
Novant Health Providence OB/GYN offers general gynecologic care that focuses on prevention, diagnosis and treatment. These exams and procedures are centered on your comfort and individualized needs. Some of the general gynecologic services we offer include:
- Comprehensive women’s healthcare including breast exams and Pap tests
- Contraceptive counseling including sterilization
- Evaluation and management of breast abnormalities
- Evaluation and treatment of abnormal Pap tests
- Treatment of irregular bleeding and abnormal menstrual bleeding
- Adolescent gynecology
- Medical and surgical treatment of uterine fibroids
- Human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccination
- Infertility evaluation and treatment
- Management of menopausal symptoms: female hormone replacement therapy and alternative non-hormone therapies
- Treatment of pelvic pain
- Treatment of pelvic organ prolapse
- Incontinence treatment
- Screening and treatment for sexually transmitted infections
- Screening for cancers of the female reproductive track
For more information about our gynecologic services, or to set up an appointment, please visit us on MyChart or call one of our two convenient locations.