At Novant Health Providence Obstetrics and Gynecology (OB/GYN), we realize the decision to have a surgical procedure can be a major event in your life. That’s why we combine state-of-the-art technology with decades of skill and experience to provide you with the best gynecologic and obstetric care possible, including cutting-edge surgical procedures.
You can rest easy knowing your procedure is performed by experts in a warm and comforting environment. Whether you are in need of a Cesarean section or are undergoing a hysterectomy, our physicians can assist you in making the best decision for your health so you can get back to everyday life.
The physicians at Providence OB/GYN are certified to perform many of these services in a minimally invasive way, including laparoscopic hysterectomy and the use of the da Vinci robotic system. These technologies lead to shorter recovery times and less scarring.
When medication and other non-surgical treatments are unable to relieve symptoms, surgery remains the accepted and most effective treatment for a range of gynecologic conditions. Our highly skilled physicians provide a variety of minimally invasive gynecologic surgical options, including:
- Hysteroscopy, including endometrial ablation
- Laparoscopic procedures, both diagnostic and operative
- Hysterectomy, including laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy, as well as total laparoscopic and robotic hysterectomy
- Minimally invasive female sterilization, including laparoscopic tubal ligation and hysteroscopic tubal interruption
- In-office diagnostic hysteroscopy, Essure tubal interruption and Novasure endometrial ablation
- In-office colposcopy, cervical and endometrial biopsies
- In-office LEEP procedures
The primary obstetric surgical procedure performed by the specialists at Providence OB/GYN is the Cesarean section. Obstetric surgery, however, can relate to any procedure involving the female reproductive system and children during pregnancy (the prenatal period), childbirth and the postpartum period.
Our highly skilled physicians provide a variety of obstetric surgical options, including:
- Cesarean section
- Cervical cerclage
- Dilation and curettage
For more information about our obstetric services, or to schedule an appointment, please visit us on MyChart or call one of our two convenient locations.